So you’ve attracted investor interest in your startup. Congratulations! Now, the next step is to ensure you’re getting a good deal. How do you best prepare to avoid areas startups often overlook? When do you get a lawyer involved? What’s considered a fair amount of equity?
Those questions (and more!) will be addressed in this session of our Words of Wisdom series. Learn from a panel of successful entrepreneurs who have effectively negotiated with investors to make their companies thrive, and participate in an interactive Q&A to get your own questions answered.
This event is for you if:
- You’re an early-stage entrepreneur looking to learn from experienced entrepreneurs on how best to negotiate a fair deal for your company with potential investors
- You’re considering becoming an entrepreneur and want to add skills to your toolbelt before you start your venture
- You work in tech in a company any size and want to brush up on business negotiations
At the event, you will:
- Learn personal stories from entrepreneurs who have negotiated successfully with investors and were able to build powerful businesses — both in terms of their mistakes and what they’ve done well
- Meet and network with other entrepreneurs in the fundraising process
6-7pm: Snacks & networking